Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Half Way There

Yay- three workouts in the bank, two more to go!  I'm ready for my Saturday sleep-in.

This morning we started with agility drills, and I figured we were in for the Jenks Mile.  Luckily, it wasn't that bad - only 10 x 100m runs (sprints if you're not me...jogs if you are me).  My leg is feeling pretty good.  I have some minor muscle discomfort (hesitate to call it pain) in that left calf, but no residual pain after running.  I'm being mindful to stretch a lot, so I think it's all good. I have a follow up appt on Monday and hopefully that'll be the end of visiting the doctor.  Then I can get back to my Sunday afternoon run!

Strength today was Hang Power Clean

5 sets of 3 @ 55-65-85-105-115

I set a 15# PR on the 3 rep hang power clean - they were sloppy, but I made them.
Also, my previous 1 rep PR was 105, so this is a 10# PR on the 1 rep

It's nice to get a new PR every now and then!!


WOD:

For time:

40 Box jumps (Men 24” box, Women 20” box)
40 Push-ups
40 Kettlebell swings (Men 55 lbs, Women 35 lbs)
40 Pull-ups
40 Wall ball shots (Men 20 lb ball, Women 14 lb ball)

My time:  12:51, scaled

Modified as follows:  stepped the box jumps, 20 pull ups, and 20 wall ball shots.  We were running short on time, and as I hit 15 pull ups I looked at the clock and it was already after 6:00 am, so I decided to bump those down to 20 as well as the wall ball shots.  Still a decent workout!!


No comments:

Post a Comment