Monday, May 6, 2013

It's Birthday Week!

Yes, that's right.  Birthday week!  I'm celebrating all week long!  Because I can.  You get to do stuff like that when you get older. Don't be jealous. *hee hee*

So tonight, I'm not really partying, but I am celebrating.  I'll have an extra piece of dark chocolate for dessert.  Baby steps...I have to work my way up to the weekend. 

I'm excited about my birthday workout, which shall remain a mystery until Thursday.

Today's WOD:

3 Rounds for time of:

400 Meter run
15 Box jumps (Men 24” box, Women 20” box)
12 Ring push-ups
9 Chest to bar pull-ups

My time:  16:09

Running is slow going these days but I'm running.  Stepped the box jumps since I think some of this high impact stuff contributed to my fracture.  I'll be stepping instead of jumping from now on.  Ring push-ups got really difficult, really fast.  I did 10 in the first round and the last two, I almost did a face plant so I did four good regular push ups and moved on.  Second round I did 4 ring push ups and the remainder regular; third round six and six.  The WOD took me a long time, but I contribute that more to the (slow) running than anything.  

Strength today was snatch balance

5x5 @ 35-40-45-50-55



No comments:

Post a Comment