Thursday, May 9, 2013

FIFTY

Last night, I had a little trouble getting to sleep, just thinking about this big number: 50.  And then I realized I was not going to be one bit different when I woke up this morning, other than just another day older.  And really, that happens to every single one of us, every single day, if we're lucky.  So I let go of the though of how many years I'm celebrating, and just looked forward to the actual celebration! There will be beer this weekend!!

Today's warm-up was one round of The Bear with a barbell.  It was nice to skip the push ups/pull ups/wall squats/etc., for a day.

Then we had a mini-wod as the rest of the warm up:

5 minutes to do 50 burpees
rest 2 minutes
5 minutes to do 50 toes to bar
rest 2 minutes
5 minutes to row 50 calories

I made it to 45 burpees.  *smirk*
I made it to 43 toes to bar
I made it to 50 calories, in under the 5 minutes.

So I'm all warmed up...

Then the strength was my *favorite* lift - Squat Cleans!  Yay!

3-2-1-1-1-1-1

My loads:  85-95-105-115-125-130-145 (PR by 15#)

I knew the 145 would be a PR but I couldn't exactly remember what my previous was.  (Note: It was 130, set exactly a year ago on my birthday!)  I was super excited that I got the 145, and felt like I could've easily done another 10 lbs.  I just love, love, love how squat cleans feel.  It is the one lift that every movement just makes total, absolute sense to me, and feels amazing when the bar lands on your shoulders and you stand it back up.   So yay for a new PR!

Then the birthday WOD:

5 Rounds for time of:
10 Dumbbell hang squat cleans (Men 35 lb dumbbells, Women 20 lb dumbbells)
10 Kettlebell swings (Men 55 lbs, Women 35 lbs)

My time:  8:11, Rx

The first round was unbroken, and took less than a minute.  And then holy crap - I was so winded I could only do three squat cleans before setting the weights back down on the second round.  Then I paced myself a lot better, with the goal of finishing under 10 minutes.  I really would've like a 5 minute time, but I'd also really like to be 30 again, have washboard abs, and a million dollars, and while we're at it, I'd also like to live in the Virgin Islands.  But none of that is happening.  Ever.  ;)


No comments:

Post a Comment