Thursday, May 16, 2013

Wod B from 2008 CF Games

5 rounds for time of:

5 Deadlifts (Men 275 lbs, Women 185 lbs)
10 Burpees (with clap overhead while airborne)

My time:  8:22, Rx - PR by 37 seconds

Despite my loathing of burpees, I do love this particular workout.  I remember the first time I ever did it, just hearing the concept of "CrossFit Games" was a puzzling thought to me.  Ha!  I don't think I really "got" CrossFit back then, thanks to the less than stellar coaching at HZ, where I began this whole ordeal of getting fit.  Anyway, I love this workout.  I love deadlifts.

Today's strength was 5 rounds, 5 deadlifts/10 dips

I'm still working on getting a decent dip.  Today, with some positive reinforcement from Garth (thanks Garth) I was determine to get at least one full-range ring dip.  I actually ended up with two!  Now, I wasn't doing 10 dips per round.  I was trying for 5 max per round. 

My loads on the deadlifts:
125-145-175-185-185

No comments:

Post a Comment