Friday, May 17, 2013

TGIF!

For time:

40 Kettelbell swings (Men 55 lbs, Women 35 lbs)
40 Double unders
30 Thrusters (Men 75 lbs, Women 55 lbs)
30 Pull-ups
20 Hang squat snatches
20 Box jump overs (Men 24” box, Women 20” box)
10 Muscle ups (substitute 10 toes to bar if unable to do a muscle up)
10 Handstand push-ups

Rules: If any of the movements are broken up, 3 burpees must be performed before continuing.
Angie's rulesTo prevent a mental breakdown, just do the WOD with no burpees.

My time:  20:28

It's Friday.  I'm wiped out.  My knees and shoulders are aching.  The thought of burpee penalties for every break in reps was so defeating, I almost didn't get out of bed.  However, I took it upon myself to modify the workout to suit me.  I still got the workout done, and I'll never miss those burpees.  I was keeping track of how many times I had to stop during the workout and I would've ended up doing 78 burpees.  In other words, I would have been there until 6:30.  

The other modifications I did:  stepped the box jumps, dropped to 35# on the snatches (shoulder pain), toes to bar instead of muscle ups, and not full ROM on the HSPU.

My one victory:  unbroken kettle bell swings (pretty sure everyone did this part unbroken)

TGIF!  My body needs a rest!

No comments:

Post a Comment