Sunday, October 28, 2012

Sunday run...




Got out for a 5k run this afternoon.  I dressed for cold weather - the temp was 55°.  A quarter mile into the run I was wishing I hadn't dressed so warmly.  I took my jacket off and tied it around my waist. 

From the beginning of the run, I just felt sluggish.  Probably because I drank a few beers yesterday and didn't rehydrate properly.  I pushed on and tried to pick up my pace.  Somewhere between 1 mile and 1.25 I started getting calf cramps and had to stop for a stretch.  I ended up stopping to stretch four times total, and my time suffered greatly.   Funny thing is, even with those stops I still beat my "worst" time for this route by almost two minutes (I didn't stop my runkeeper so it shows 0:00 time stopped.)

Run Time: 35:32 
Stopped Time: 0:00 
Distance: 3.15 miles 
Average: 11:28 /mile 
Fastest Pace: 8:25 /mile 
Ahead of Worst Run: 1:39 
Ascent: 118 feet 
Descent: 108 feet 
Calories: 375 


No comments:

Post a Comment