Wednesday, October 3, 2012

"Fight Gone Bad"


Three rounds of:

Wall-ball, (Men 20 pound ball, Women 14 pound ball) 10 ft target (Reps)
Sumo deadlift high-pull, (Men 75 pounds, Women 55 pounds) (Reps)
Box Jump, 20″ box (Reps)
Push-press, (Men 75 pounds, Women 55 pounds) (Reps)
Row (Calories)

In this workout you move from each of five stations after a minute.The clock does not reset or stop between exercises. This is a five-minute round from which a one-minute break is allowed before repeating. On call of “rotate”, the athletes must move to next station immediately for best score. One point is given for each rep, except on the rower where each calorie is one point.

My total:  227 - one rep from previous PR

I would like to point out here that I was shooting at a much higher target than when I last did this WOD almost four years ago! And that I'm FOUR years OLDER!  And I was stepping the boxes today instead of jumping, as I'm trying to rehab my knee.  I will concede, however,  I could've sucked it up in a few places and gotten a few more reps.

In any event, I still LOVE Fight Gone Bad!  Love/hate, but mostly love.  It's always fun, it's always ridiculously hard, and it always feels so good to be done!!!

*****

And now I shall address this 30 day Paleo Challenge I just put myself through.  Today is day 30.  I am officially done with Paleo.  The results of 30 days of  Paleo were dismal, according to my scale.  3.5 lbs.  That's it?  Really?  So not worth it.  I'm done with strict Paleo!

Now, that doesn't mean I'm going to go out and start eating junk food like there's no tomorrow.    I'll still be eating "clean".  However, if I want some cheese or yogurt or butter in my meal plan, it's going to be there occasionally, and within reason.

I'm looking more toward The Zone.  I've done it once before with decent results.  I just have to get back in the mindset of balancing things and what constitutes a block of various things and I'm good.

Or just go back to Primal Blueprint, which allows for the dairy products in moderation, and a couple of cheat meals per week.

Either way, I cannot, no, I will not restrict myself to the rigid Paleo plan again.  Life is too damn short to live in constant self-denial.

All that being said, I have set several PR's during this 30 days. And I have noticed a difference in the way my clothes fit and how I feel in general.  I needed  to do this to get myself back on track after a summer of way too much junk.  But I'm done.  And I'm glad it's over!

No comments:

Post a Comment