Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Oops!

I almost forgot to log my workout today - busy morning.

Today's WOD was one we did on 10/18/11.  Looked back at my results for that date and my time was 18:39.  My weight was exactly the same as today 150 lbs, ah...but I'm a year older.  ;)


3 Rounds for time of:

400 Meter run
15 Deadlifts (Men bodyweight, Women 3/4 bodyweight)
30 Box Jumps (Men 24” box, Women 20” box)

My time: 16:43, Rx (115 lbs)

This is a PR by 1:56 - woo hoo!!!  This made my morning.  I've been really working hard on my attitude, and especially my attitude about being "old".  Some days I just feel old.  But apparently when I set that aside and push myself through the workout, I can do better than I did a year younger.   It's a day by day thing, honestly.

This was a really fun workout, though, much as I hate box jumps.  I had one jump where I tripped - the 29th jump in the third round.  I was just exhausted by then.  I'm pleasantly surprised that my knee is holding up so well.  I haven't done any heavy squatting, and won't until I receive my TK knee bands.  But I'm ready for some heavy squat cleans.  I miss them.

Today's strength was the following complex:

1 hang power clean - 2 front squats - 3 push jerk

My loads:
65-75-85-95-95


No comments:

Post a Comment