Thursday, October 11, 2012

Good Morning!

4 Rounds for time of:

12 Sumo Deadlift High Pulls (Men 95 lbs, Women 65 lbs)
12 Box Jumps (Men 30″ box, Women 26″ box)

My time: 6:49, scaled to 20" box

 Much to my surprise, last time we did this WOD I actually used a 23" box.  I'm guessing that was a 20" box with a 35lb plate on it.  But I cannot imagine what possessed me to do that.  Ha!  I was fine with 20" today.  Today was my first time box jumping in a few weeks after letting my knee heal up.  It's feeling pretty darn good right now.  Yesterday when I ran, I felt a couple odd pains here and there, but no swelling, no lingering pain, nothing...just fine. 

Sumos used to be one of my favorite lifts, I find that I get so winded on them and end up resting too much.  I did the first 12 unbroken, then it was a mess after that.  Six or eight and then triples or doubles.  Ugh. 

Strength today was 5 sets of 5 deadlifts, alternating with sets of  x bar dips - I chose to do 3 per round, so I can work on depth.  I'm getting deeper, but not with any great deal of consistency.  I can do a few that are almost deep enough and then my muscles just say "no more!"

Deadlifts were at 135 lbs.

No comments:

Post a Comment