Friday, October 26, 2012

Dumbbell Hell

Oh how I Love/Hate this WOD.  It is a mental game from start to finish.  I always want to just lay down and give up about round 11 or 12 but I've learned if I can make it to round 15 there's no way I'll ever give up.  You don't go that far just to quit!!!  And if you do it right (meaning fast enough) you have 30 seconds of rest every round.

Every minute on the minute for 20 minutes:

5 Dumbbell deadlifts
5 Dumbbell hang power cleans
5 Dumbbell thrusters
The rx’d dumbbell weight is 45% bodyweight for men and 30% bodyweight for women (that is
both dumbbells combined).

My rounds:  20 complete with 20# DB's

The warm-up today included a 10 minute rowing WOD.  Sprint 30 seconds, rest 30 seconds for total meters.

My score:  1318 meters

We were also to work on weighted pull-ups but I am still (yes, still!!) hurting from those 100 pull ups last Thursday, so I worked on ring dips. And I am happy to report that I'm getting closer!!

TGIF!!

No comments:

Post a Comment