Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Hump Day!

My first inclination today was to take a rest day.  And then I decided I couldn't pass up squat cleans.  I love squat cleans.  My knee is feeling pretty decent, so why not?

Little did I know we were in for the Jenks Mile this morning.  This really took it out of me, and by the time the WOD came around I was already wiped out. 

Jenks Mile:

400m run  1:51
200m run  0:52
400m run  2:03
200m run  0:53
400m run  2:0? - think it was 2:05  but not positive...left my notes at the gym.

I was so worn out after this, I didn't know how I would do the WOD.  But I didn't have time to think about it too much, so I just did the best I could with the energy I had left.

Elizabeth:

21-15-9 reps of

Squat Clean - 95#
ring dips

My time:  17:28, Rx weight, bar dips

It took me well over 6 minutes just to do the first 21 squat cleans!  This is one of my better lifts, one that I'm pretty strong on and enjoy doing.  Seriously, I love squat clenas.  But I was stunned to find how little I had in the tank after only three reps!!  Holy cow!  I contemplated scaling the weight down, but I didn't have the energy to take the plates off!!  So I struggled through, just concentrating on good form, not passing out, and not puking...and certainly no missed reps.

No comments:

Post a Comment