Thursday, October 25, 2012

As many rounds as possible in 20 minutes of:

500 meter row
30 Box jumps (Men 24” box, Women 20” box)
20 Hand release push-ups

My score:  3 rounds + 194 meters

This was a good one!!  This is one of those days when I felt just almost drunk after the WOD.  Wiped out, but knowing I'll have a burst of energy when I recover.  It's one of those "I love CrossFit" moments.

I'm feeling a bit better about box jumps, but still had one or two that scared the piss out of me.  I hate that tripping/almost falling nonsense.  Ugh!  But I can't spend a lot of time being scared - just have to regroup and get back up there.  Most of the time I step down, but I made myself jump down on about half of them in the third round, just to make better time. 

Strength today was Bench Press   *yawn*.  Actually I need to work harder on this lift.  I'm sure it'll benefit me somewhere in life.  Maybe if someone passed out on top of me and I needed to lift them off?  Hmm...nah.  Probably not a good example. 

rep scheme: 5-5-5-5-5
my loads:  45-55-75-85-90

In between sets, we were supposed to do a max set of double unders.  Seriously my shins feel like someone beat me with a hammer, so my double unders were nonexistent today.  Each round I would fail after one or two, and decided that was good enough today. 

I foam rolled when I got home - I've skipped a few days and really needed to make the time.  It makes such a huge difference for me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment