Tuesday, March 27, 2012

So...

it's apparent that I need to do lots more stretching on a regular basis. This calf muscle issue is aggravating and I know I'm not helping myself by wearing 4" to 5" heels every day, training that muscle to be shorter. I know. But I refuse to give up my heels. So, I'm going to add a stretching regimen to my day. Morning and night.

I laid off the box jumps today because it's still pretty tender from yesterday. It seems to heal back up pretty quickly, and by Saturday should be fine again. I'll just have to continue stretching and try running again and see what happens.

Anyway, today's WOD was:

21-15 & 9 rep rounds for time of:

Bench press (Men bodyweight, Women 2/3 bodyweight)
Box jump (Men 30” box, Women 24” box), (games standard)

I actually did:

21-15-9

Bench press 75#
sit ups - anchored, abmat

My time: 8:11

I lifted with Garth today. Well I counted his reps and he counted mine. (Hi Garth!) He did the prescribed weight and made it look pretty easy. What really looked easy were his box jumps. I didn't do the 2/3 body weight - that would've been 100 lbs and I would still be there trying to finish!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment