Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Fun morning!

3 Rounds for time of:

500 Meter row
15 Dumbbell squat cleans (Men 45 lb dumbbells, Women 30 lb dumbbells)

My time: 15:27, Rx

This was a fun workout! I always enjoy the dumbbell workouts for some reason. Decided to gut up and do the prescribed weight, though I was tempted to scale. My form felt pretty good on most of them. Had one where I didn't think I could come out of the squat - in the last round somewhere - but I made it, so no missed reps. I had really hoped to finish under 15 minutes, but just wasn't in the cards today.

The warm up included some rowing at different resistance levels, just to feel the difference and concentrate on form. Think it helped me slightly.

We also did weighted pull ups. I always think these are so awkward because I have to kip. Well I could probably do dead-hang with a 5 or 10 lb weight but I can't do that many dead-hangs, so...I kip.

Anyway...here are my loads:

3 each @ 5, 8, 10, 15 & 25 lbs

The last one was with a vest rather than a dumbbell.

Fun morning!

No comments:

Post a Comment