Thursday, March 15, 2012

CrossFit Games Open 12.4

Workout 12 . 4

WOMEN - includes Masters Women up to 54 years old

Complete as many rounds and reps as possible in 12 minutes of:
150 Wall balls (14lbs to 9' target)
90 Double-unders
30 Muscle-ups

"Ay, yi, yi! I'm screwed!" Those were my words last night when this WOD was published on the games site.

Then, of course, I calmed down a tiny bit and realized I had a slight chance of maybe, perhaps getting close to the 150 wall balls because my best ever Karen time was 11:30. However that was 3 years ago and my more recent times were a lot slower. I tried not to worry about it. I set a goal of just getting to 150.

But I dreamed about wall ball all freaking night!!

Anyway, I went in this morning and did the WOD. I will admit, it was super hard to get through that 150 wall ball shots. If Breck hadn't been coaching me and screaming at me through this, I never would've made it. I still don't know how I did it, because at the half way point (time) I was not at the half way point of 150 reps. I wanted to quit about 130 reps in. But I kept pushing and managed 150 wall balls with 10 seconds left for double unders. Ha ha! 10 seconds!! I managed to get 3 doubles and collapsed on the floor, thankful it was over with!

I'm calling this one a victory because I exceeded my goal.

Here's hoping for some dead lifts in the next round. I don't know why HQ isn't hearing me on this. I've been saying this for weeks now!! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment