Monday, March 26, 2012

Back Squats and Running

5 Rounds for time of:

400 Meter run
15 Kettlebell swings (Men 55 lbs, Women 35 lbs)
15 Pull-ups

My time: 20:10 - subbed 5 pull ups in place of 15


Okay, well I'll be damned. I don't know what I'm going to do about this calf muscle issue I have going on. I ran twice last week and it felt fine. But today, half way into the 3rd round, I felt it again..."pop" and then it just locked up on me. A big knot, and I'm limping around trying to run it out, work it out. I got through the workout, but man it is sore! I just don't think I stretch enough. I just need to work on that, I think. Hopefully it'll be okay for an afternoon run. We shall see.

Back squats today - went for a 1 rep max. We were supposed to do 5 lifts but B and I decided to do only 3

warm up sets:
5 @ 85
3 @ 115
2 @ 155

worksets
1 @ 175
1 @ 185
1 @ 200 - didn't exactly "fail" but wasn't low enough in the squat...so,
1 @ 200 and I got really deep this time.

This ties my previous PR and I should've gone for more because 200 felt pretty easy.

No comments:

Post a Comment