Monday, March 12, 2012

“Dumbbell Fran”

21-15-9 rep rounds for time of:

Dumbbell thrusters (Men 45 lb dumbbells, Women 30 lb dumbbells)
Pull-ups

My time: 8:38, 2/20lb dumbbells

I scaled this one to the same weight I used last time, so I could compare. Well, that and I'm sore as heck from Saturday's WOD. Anyway, I was 12 seconds faster this time. Not a huge difference but still a gain. I actually managed to do 21 thrusters unbroken. I don't think I've ever done that. Granted the weight wasn't very heavy, but still. I used that 21 to kind of gauge my breathing and concentrated on where I was inhaling and exhaling. Seemed to help me to inhale at the bottom and exhale on the thrust part. I'll try that next time we have barbell thrusters and see...

We ran a 400 today for time, supposed to be an all out sprint but I was slow - still not breathing 100% from this bronchitis. So my time was 1:51. Meh...slow.

Back Squats today I did 6 at 160#. Should probably have gone heavier.

No comments:

Post a Comment