Friday, July 16, 2010

So Excited!!

I'll be glued to my computer all weekend - I intend to keep the live feed of The Games up and running so I can keep an eye on all the action. Breck Berry, the owner and coach of CrossFit Jenks, is competing in the games for his fourth time. He is one of just a small group of people to have competed in every CF Games. I know he'll do well, and can't wait to see how it all turns out! Though I will never be the elite athlete that the Games competitors are, I am certainly addicted to all that is CrossFit, and inspired by every second of the competition. Let the games begin!!!


In Breck's absence, some of the classes were canceled, one of them being the 5 am. Ginny King, Certified CrossFit Badass and trainer at CF Jenks, is leading several classes. But the class schedule didn't fit my schedule, so I suggested running at 5 am. (I don't blame you for not getting up that early Ginny!!) Several of the 5am regulars showed up to run this morning. We intended to do a 5k, and did just a tiny bit more. Oh, and I'm using the term "run" loosely. This was really more of a leisurely "jog". Here are the stats and a map:


Started: Jul 16, 2010 5:05:26 AM
Run Time: 45:06

Stopped Time: 1:01

Distance: 3.89 miles

Average: 11:35 /mile

Fastest Pace: 9:36 /mile

Climb: 79 feet

Calories: 539

Official Route: No


That's a really crappy picture, now that I look at it. But, you get the gist of it.


2 comments:

  1. So glad you guys had a good run. I apologize for being a wuss about 5am! I don't know how you guys do it. It took everything in me to roll out of bed for 6am! Plus, my live feed is not working...I'm semi freaking out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. No apology necessary. I sent you a note on FB, but if you have an iPhone, the live feed is working perfectly on there. Cant get it to work on my PC either.

    ReplyDelete