Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Happy Hump Day!

As many rounds as possible in 20 minutes of:

10 Push-ups
15 Box jumps (Men 24″ box, Women 20″ box)
20 Sit-ups

My rounds: 8 + 3 box jumps

The humidity is really awesome bad this week, but I figure it just makes me sweat more, and that can't be bad, really, now can it? As long as I'm re-hydrating.

Yesterday evening, in my quest to finish these seemingly eternal projects my husband engineers, I was helping him shovel dirt and spread it out. I was literally drenched from head to to in less than 5 minutes.

So, why were we shoveling and spreading dirt?

Because tonight, we get to lay sod. If I had a nickel for every roll of sod I've laid on this same piece of land...well, I wouldn't be rich, but I'd have a shitload of nickels. :)

Anyway, I feel like I've been doing two-a-day's for a while now, with all the landscape work we've been doing. I told him last night "No more projects". Like I really have any say in it. Ha ha!

Actually I'm thankful my husband has such a good eye for landscaping and knows what to do. I'm just an extra set of muscles to help move things around. He's seeing a return on our investment in CrossFit, and taking full advantage of it. Can't blame him, eh? After all, he has to listen to me obsessively talk about CF all the time, he might as well get some good out of it!

1 comment:

  1. Hilarious! I think my wife would say the same thing. I must bore her to tears with my WOD war stories, but when housing projects have to get done, she knows whom to ask for help. All that deadlifting pays off after a while.

    ReplyDelete