Wednesday, July 7, 2010

“J.T.”

21-15-9 reps for time of:
Handstand push-ups
Ring dips
Push-ups

My time: 16:44
Modified HSPU: head to 2 ab mats
Subbed bar dips for ring dips


This one just gets harder and harder. I was able to touch my head to the abmat about 50% of the time. This is actually progress. So, there's that. Then, on the dips, last time we did this (April 16) I was using a 1" band, which I'm no longer using. So more progress, even though my time was 3+ minutes longer, I know I'm doing more work.

I really thought I was going to beat B this morning. And on the last round she jumped down there and whipped out those last 9 push ups and beat me by 2 seconds!! Ha ha! Good job B!

We worked on Deadlifts this morning. The past 3 weeks my low back has been really hurting, so I took it "easy". Rather than going for a 1 rep max on the 5-3-2-1-1-1 scheme, I did several sets of 5 at a lighter weight.

10 @ 125 (warm up)
5 @ 155
5 x 4 @ 175

4 comments:

  1. Great performance on your part!

    I *hate* that workout. I remember doing the first round and after finishing the handstand push-ups and dips I thought, "Let me blaze through these push-ups and begin the next round." I did six and couldn't do any more. Half way through the next round I quit doing the HSPUs as prescribed. I ended up finishing in just under 30 minutes. Awful, awful workout.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel you on the incremental progress, especilaly with the HSPUs. The good thing is that you'll get to the one abmat and then no abmat and, though it might be harder, it will be awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just curious -- why not work with the rings for dips? I use the skinny band with the rings since I only have a couple unassisted ring dips before my strength gives out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good question. You know I did use a band on the rings at the gym I used to go to. This one, I guess they want you to get "good" bar dips before moving to the rings. I suppose I could just move on over and try, huh?

    ReplyDelete