Thursday, July 15, 2010

Oh, I love CrossFit so much...

...just some days I wonder why.

Today, for example. Really I am horrible at Burpees, and seems like I never get any faster. I try. I push. But...they just slow me down, therefore I have developed a particular loathing for them. Not a big fan of Wallball however, I've made my peace with it, just like with box jumps.

So even though today was a nightmare workout for me, there is always something to love about CrossFit, every single day. Today during the warm up we worked on kipping toes-to-bar. I sort of got it, but need more practice. It's always fun to learn something new or make an advancement on a skill. But the very best part of today was the last Burpee! There is nothing better than being finished with Burpees!

See, there is always something to love!

WOD:

5 Rounds for time of:

30 Wall ball shots (Men 20 lb ball, Women 14 lb ball)
15 Burpees

My time: 27:17 Rx

3 comments:

  1. I've been working toes-to-bar lately too. It kinda blows my mind, because I definitely remember the day I could barely do a knee raise and definitely not a K2E.

    That WOD was a long one! I'll have to make you a video of my burpee technique that I do to make them faster. I call it the "fling yourself on the ground" burpee. :-D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will take any help I can get on burpees!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Angie! Thanks for posting--this is one I can easily do in my yard! I also subscribe to the fling yourself to the ground method. Foot placement is also key to saving time. I found that burpees got easier this spring when I did them like 2x per week. didn't have to be alot of reps, but a finisher WOD's of "as many burpess as possible in a minute" x 3 will make you faster!

    ReplyDelete