Tuesday, March 23, 2010

You're kidding, right?

With a 20 minute time limit, complete:

800 Meter run
50 Squats
800 Meter run
50 Squats
800 Meter run

Perform as many burpees as possible what remains of the 20 minutes

Score=Total burpees

My score: 14 burpees

When I read through the workout this morning, I was thinking "NO WAY" will I even get in ONE burpee. I figured I'd be lucky to complete the running and squats, since my running is so slow. I did my first 800 in 4:40 which surprised the heck out of me. I was back out the door at 6:40, ran the 2nd 800 and was back in at 11:23, making that one a 4:43. I didn't take notice of what time I went out for the third 800, but I was back in at 18:30 and managed to squeeze in those 14 piddly little burpees.

In comparison to some of the incredible scores posted by the others in the class (Andy - 82, Brad - 53, B - 30, Sara - 32 after a month off!) one would think I should be embarrassed to post such a small score. However, I'm really seeing an improvement in my running speed, slow as it is, so I am completely proud of my score today. I did not rest at all during the workout, I pushed myself 100% today, and that is a victory!

No comments:

Post a Comment