Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Something Finally Clicked!!

21-15-9 rep rounds for time of:

Power snatch (Men 115 lbs, Women 75 lbs)
Box Jumps (Men 24” box, Women 20” box)

My time: 12:25 Rx

I've had some trouble with the technique on Snatches, but today, something finally clicked and I "get it". About the third rep of the WOD today it just felt right. I finally understood how to get that little extra thrust of power just about pocket level and it all made sense. Although I don't think I got any faster, the lift felt way, way better! So, I get it now. And I loved this workout.

Up until just recently, I have had an irrational fear and loathing of box jumps. I've fallen so many times, and for some reason had it in my head that I was going to be maimed or end up bleeding. Irrational, see? Today I missed one and tripped, and *gasp* I didn't die or bleed or become disfigured just kept right on going as I have been lately. So, I think I'm over that unhealthy fear. Finally. Box jumps are just another awesome thing I can do. And now I can do them faster.

*****
Strength component today was Shoulder Press:
Warm up:
5 @ 55
3 @ 65
2 @ 70
Work Sets:
5 @ 75
was going for 3 sets of 5 @ 75, succeeded on the first one, failed at rep 4 on the 2nd set, and then it was time to get ready for the WOD, so didn't attmpt 3rd set. However, this is my first successful set of 5 @ 75 so, tiny baby step of progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment