Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Happy Anniversary!

Today is my Two Year CrossFit Anniversary!!

Two years ago today I couldn't do a push up - fell flat on my face! No way I could do a pull-up. I had convinced myself I couldn't run anymore. I had never picked up a barbell unless you count the 12 lb ones in Body Flex class, and most of the exercises I have learned over the last two years I had never heard of before. After the first four days of CrossFit, I could barely walk, but I was hooked completely. Two years later, I have accomplished so many previously unthinkable things, I am amazed when I think back over all of it. And, I still can't get enough of it!

It's been an interesting and fun road with lots of changes - from the very first "Bootcamp" at HZ, to "The Dungeon" where our track wound around through all of that abandoned furniture, to the spooky surgery center. So many names and faces I've sweated with and said goodbye to along the way. Putting up with Erin until I was about to explode, just out of loyalty to Jimmy. It's fun to look back on it all and smile at what I've accomplished and think about how much more I can accomplish in the years to come!

CrossFit is the single best thing I have ever done for myself, and I don't see me stopping any time soon! I love CrossFit!

Today's WOD:

21-15-9 Rep rounds for time of:

Dumbbell squat cleans (Men 45 lbs, Women 25 lbs)
Box jumps (Men 24″ box, Women 20″ box)
Dumbbell push press (Men 45 lbs, Women 25 lbs)

My time: 13:58 Rx

I had set a goal of under 15 minutes, so I was totally pleased with my time.

It's a beautiful day!!!

2 comments: