Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Little Miss Modifed

Yesterday, as I went about my business thinking "muscle strain" and the doctor proceeded to poke and prod my leg in order to see where the pain was, I never thought it would be hurting worse by the end of the day, simply because it's been a pretty consistent dull ache/soreness.  But, by the end of the day it was killing me - I suppose just from the extra manipulation the doctor did.  Anyway I had an agonizing evening and finally got some rest after taking some Aleve.  

And I woke to find I'd be modifying yet another WOD:


For time:

10 Deadlifts (Men 135 lbs, Women 95 lbs)
20 Box jumps (Men 24” box, Women 20” box)
10 Hang power cleans
20 Box jumps
10 Front squats
20 Box jumps
10 Push press
20 Box jumps
10 Thrusters
20 Box jumps

My time:  8:?? (can't remember my exact time!)

Modified - used 65 # on the weights, and stepped all the box jumps.  The only thing I broke up were the thrusters - 5 & 5.  Wish I could be this fast at the  Rx weight.  I scaled the weight down because in the warm-up the 95# hang power cleans were killing my leg - the jump shrug/extension part, specifically, and then catching the bar.  So...scaling was in order.  We'll see what 13.2 is tomorrow and whether or not I'll be able to do it as Rx.  Since I didn't stop hardly at all during the wod, I really got a decent workout - just not with heavy weights. 

The warm up today was 10 100m sprints.  Of course I'm not running so I just hopped on a rower and rowed for 10 minutes.  Managed to get in 1700m. 

No comments:

Post a Comment