Thursday, March 14, 2013

CrossFit Games Open 13.2

Last night, I eagerly awaited the announcement of this WOD.  When I saw box jumps I kind of panicked a little.  I mean...I possibly have a stress fracture, right?  After about 3 minutes I said, "What the heck, I'm going to jump anyway - it's not confirmed that I have a fracture." So I went to the gym this morning prepared to do box jumps, and just live with the consequences. 

Much to my surprise and delight, when Breck read the rules to us, we learned that  STEPPING onto the box is acceptable. This was like a Christmas present for me!   I'm much faster/more efficient at box steps than jumps, and the risk for injury is greatly reduced.  (Perhaps someone at HQ is catching on to the notion that box jumps are causing tons of Achilles injuries?).  In any event, I was pumped and ready to do this one!!  Woo hoo!!!

Complete as many rounds and reps as possible in 10 minutes of:

115/75 pound Shoulder to overhead, 5 reps
115/75 pound Deadlift, 10 reps
15 Box jumps, 24″/20"  box

My rounds/reps:  6 full rounds + 11 box jumps = 206 reps

I'm so excited!!  I really wasn't expecting to get more than 4 rounds, maybe 5.  I was so close to 7!!  If I weren't going out of town this weekend, I might be tempted to re-do this one just to hit 7 rounds.  But, alas, I am more than pleased with my score and I'm smiling from ear to ear today!!  Life is good! 

2 comments: