Monday, March 11, 2013

Happy Monday!

This morning during the strength, B and I worked on kipping toes to bar.  She received a good tip from someone else on how to kip, so we were trying it out.  It actually works.  I think I connected 4 or 5 during practice.  During the workout mostly sets of 3 and then when my grip/lungs started to go I was down to sets of 2 or just singles, but it's an improvement!!

As many rounds as possible in 12 minutes of:

10 Toes to bar
10 Hand release push-ups
10 Kettlebell swings (Men 55 lbs, Women 35 lbs)

My score:  5 rounds + 6 TTB, Rx

Strength today was, of course, Back Squats
warm ups:  5-3-2 @ 85-115-135
work sets: 10 x 3 @ 150



So, I'm two weeks and a day into this whatever-the-heck-it-is injury to my left calf muscle.  I am usually of a mind that if something is injured, give it two weeks to heal; then if it's not healed after two weeks, see a doctor.  Ugh!  I called and made an appointment for tomorrow morning with a sports medicine doctor at EOOC.  I was disappointed I didn't get Dr. Rahal - he's way better looking than the doc I'm getting.  Ha ha!  Oh well.  I just need to find out what is wrong and get healed up.  I hope nothing is torn or messed up to the point of surgery - just a strain that I need to be more careful with and avoid some movements for a while (running, jumping). However, I know if there are double unders in The Open, I'll be doing them no matter what!  We'll just see what they say tomorrow...


No comments:

Post a Comment