Friday, March 1, 2013

TGIF!

Whew!  What a busy morning!  We had an internet outage this morning at the office.  I had to make sure that was taken care of so no one went into meltdown mode from lack of being connected. 

Then while reviewing security videos, I saw a person loading up what appears to be several cokes into a bag, late at night in the company kitchen, with the lights out.  I'm thinking to myself, "Who in their right mind would risk their job over six cans of Coke?"  Well, it turns out on closer inspection, they were not all cokes, and this person had actually brought the stuff and placed it in the fridge over a period of several days. 

So, things aren't always as they appear on the surface. 

Just like this workout!! 

3 Rounds for time of:

10 Deadlifts (Men 135 lbs, Women 95 lbs)
8 Hang power cleans
6 Front squats
4 Push press
2 Squat clean and jerk

My time:  12:22, Rx

Might have been 12:27, but I cannot exactly recall right now.  Oxygen deprivation.   Anyway, on the surface, this looked like something I might actually be able to get a fast time. Not so.  Not so at all.  I talked myself out of scaling at least four times - once before the WOD and at least three times during.  I heard Paige call "time" about 4 minutes in and I'm still struggling to get the last two reps in on my first round.  Ah...well, you know what?  I still LOVED this workout.  Every single bit of it was enjoyable to some degree. I do love lifting!


No comments:

Post a Comment