Monday, March 4, 2013

$20 worth of fun

So, after repeatedly saying "I'm not doing The Open this year", I've thrown caution to the wind, along with $20, and we'll see where it all ends up.  I'm feeling fairly decent (although quite overweight these days) and all I can do is give it my best shot.  It pains me to see that I'm in the 50-54 category this year.  They could at least scale it down for me, but no...gotta age another 5 or 10 years for that.  Ha! I'll have fun, and I was planning on being at the gym anyway, so I figure what the heck - I'll just go for it.

Today's WOD

3 Rounds for time of:

9 Handstand push-ups
15 Ring dips
21 Push-ups
400 Meter run

My time:  19:04

Not even close to Rx.  2 Abmats for HSPU and barely hit the target 50% of the time.  Ugh.  Ring dips were more like jumping ring dips, but I had a couple early on that felt pretty decent.  Push ups are getting better, but not perfect.  Running....I was a bit worried going into the run because I've had some calf issues since a week ago Sunday.  I took it slow and no increase in pain, so I guess that's okay.

Strength today was Back Squats

10 x 3 @ 165#

No comments:

Post a Comment