Monday, September 17, 2012

Tough Morning!

We didn't waste a minute this morning, and I actually ran over into the 6:00 hour with my WOD, just because I'm slow!  But it was a great morning, a great way to start off the week!

After the warm-up we did the Jenks Mile.  The course at the new gym is a tiny bit longer, but not horrible.  I had a calf cramp in the first 400 and spent the entire time trying to work it out.  It's feeling okay, but sore.  I foam rolled it when I got home and that helps.

Jenks Mile:
400 – 1:51
200 – 0:58
400 – 2:11
200 – 0:59
400 – 2:09
Slow....

Then we had our strength component:  2 snatch balance-2 OHS-2 squat snatch
My loads: 35-55-60-65

And then the WOD:

3 Rounds for time of:

20 Sumo Deadlift High Pull (Men 95 lbs, Women 65 lbs)
30 Push-ups
40 Lateral jumps over barbell

My time:  14:45, Rx

I knew the push-ups would be the killer for my time on this workout.  Sure enough, that's what took me forever.  I was actually faster on the lateral jumps than I usually am.  I've gotten over my fear of them, somehow.  Fun workout, honestly.  But I was totally wiped out at the end of this hour+!

No comments:

Post a Comment