Monday, September 10, 2012

CFJ anniversary WOD

5 Rounds for time of:

9 Ring dips
10 Front squats (Men 115 lbs, Women 75 lbs)
7 Bar facing burpees

My time:  11:56, Rx weight, bar dips

This went a lot faster than I thought it would.  The main thing was to keep moving on the burpees.  That was my slow point.  I did all the front squats unbroken.  Thankfully the weight wasn't too heavy and squats are a strong point for me.  Dips still need a considerable amount of work before they are deep enough.  I just keep trying...some day I'll get there.

Strength today was Dead Lifts  10 sets of 2, alternating with a rope climb

warm up sets:  5-3-2 @ 125, 155, 175
work sets:  10 x 2 @ 200

Instead of rope climbs, I did a reclining to standing decent, ascent.  I need to bring long pants to keep at the gym for rope climbs.  I need to learn to do this skill.

****

So, today is day 7 of my 30 day paleo challenge.  So far I'm doing pretty well.  No cheats except for a couple glasses of red wine on the weekend, which I don't really consider a cheat.  Everything else has been legit - meat, fish, chicken, veggies, fruit.  No butter.  No cheese.  No yogurt.  No grains of any kind.  And damn...I really miss the dairy products horribly!  I'm over the grains, honestly.  I've been so long without them on a regular basis, that I don't miss them so much, but the diary products, I will immediately add back in to my diet after 30 days.  But I'll try to keep it limited and not just go wild.

The other thing I'm missing is my Diet Mountain Dew.  I'm going to try to leave that out after the 30 days is up.  Maybe the occasional one on the weekend or something, but not ever back to a daily habit. 

I just wonder when my energy level is going to return?  I'm so drowsy every morning after the workout, I feel like I'm going to fall asleep driving.  Anyone who has gone strict paleo out there have any advice for me on energy level?

No comments:

Post a Comment