Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Eight more days...

Eight more days of this 30-day Paleo Challenge!  It hasn't been completely awful, but I know for sure that I cannot eat like this 365 days a year.  I'll be going back to Primal Blueprint, which is sustainable, for the most part.  I just completely de-railed this summer, and the Paleo Challenge has me back on track.  Now, I just need to add some dairy back in to keep me from going insane, and add my two cheat meals per week, and I'll be a happy camper.

Today's WOD:

3 Rounds for time of:
8 Split snatch (Men 115 lbs, Women 75 lbs)
7 Bar muscle ups
400 Meter run

My time:  19:06, scaled

Okay, raise your hand if you can't do a bar muscle up.  Yeah, me either.  So, I did chest to bar pull-ups instead.  I had several super good ones, and a few that were high enough, just not making contact with the bar.  Dang it!  But practice makes perfect, right.  My running was less than stellar.  I had zero energy...like running through mud. 

I was slow on the snatches, but I wanted to keep good form. At that weight I am in the upper range of my ability for multiple reps. All in all, a decent workout.

I am thinking I might start adding a pre-workout "snack", though I rarely am hungry in the morning.  I'm just wondering if I ate something high protein before the WOD, if I would have more energy.  Some days I just feel drained.

Strength today was 5-3-2-1-1-1 Power Snatch (or split snatch).  I worked on dips in between.

my loads:  55-60-65-75-80 (didn't do the last single)

OH! OH!  And I almost forgot!!  I managed to do kipping toes to bar a few times during our tabata warm up.  I'm getting the hang of it...just need to be able to connect more than three.

No comments:

Post a Comment