Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Paleo Sucks. Gimme back my cheese!

Okay seriously.  It has taken me all day now to get past what the scale said to me this morning.  This Paleo nonsense is for the birds.  I have lost a half pound in 8 days.  That is EIGHT OUNCES.  Are you freaking kidding me?  That's less an ounce a day.  Really?  I gave up cheese and beer and Greek yogurt and Diet Mountain Dew for THIS?  See...I shouldn't even be blogging now, since I'm obviously not over the outrage of it all just yet.  But I will be.  I'll stick to my thirty day prison camp starvation diet Paleo Challenge, religiously, like I have been. While my dear husband has cheated (beer on the weekend!!) and lost seven POUNDS.  He's lucky I love him so much.  The unfairness of that is just overwhelming.  Anyway...

In other news, we had a really fun WOD today! 

4 Rounds for time of:

5 Weighted pull-ups (Men 45 lb dumbbell, Women 25 lb dumbbell)
10 Right arm overhead walking lunge steps (Men 45 lb dumbbell, Women 25 lb dumbbell)
10 Left arm overhead walking lunge steps
15 Kettlebell swings (Men 55 lbs, Women 35 lbs)

My time:  11:35, scaled pull ups to 5lbs, all else as Rx

I loved this workout.  It was just hard enough, but also fast.  If I could manage a kipping pull up with a heavier weight between my legs, I would have gone as Rx'd on the whole deal, but I have issues.  (Obviously!)

Immediately after the WOD was bench press, 5 sets of 10

My loads:  35-55-65-75-80
I failed on the 8th rep at 80 lbs. 

A pretty good morning, all things considered.  Maybe I just lost another ounce, typing this!

No comments:

Post a Comment