Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Oh, those damn double-unders!

For time:

50 Double unders
10 Squat snatches (Men 95 lbs, Women 65 lbs)
40 Double unders
8 Squat snatches
30 Double unders
6 Squat snatches
20 Double unders
4 Squat snatches
10 Double unders
2 Squat snatches

My time: 15:33, Rx

So, here's the deal.  If this had been reversed, where the high numbers were a lift and the low numbers were double-unders, I might have finished faster.  Ha!  Kidding of course, but the doubles killed me today.  Some days they feel awesome and I have a nice smooth jump and a decent rhythm, but not today.  Not until the set of 10 did I string together 10 doubles.   The squat snatches felt pretty good.  I got through them as fast as I could because the doubles were eating up the clock. 

Strength today was alternating Squat Snatch and 20 double unders every minute for a cumulative weight of successful lifts.  I did 10 doubles between instead of 20.

my loads:  45-50-55-60-65-70-75(f)-75-80-85
my cumulative load:  585

No comments:

Post a Comment