Sunday, September 16, 2012

Bike Ride

First things first, I decided to weigh again this morning, because I was hoping to be down another half pound at least.  Well I got a huge surprise!  I am down 5 more pounds.  FIVE POUNDS.  For a total of 5.5 so far!  Yay!  That made my day.

Anyway, I talked my husband into a bike ride this afternoon. The weather was perfect for it.  We don't have fancy bikes - just cruisers, and we don't wear helmets and spandex.  I refuse.  Although, for a split second  during the ride I wished for a helmet when I almost wiped out going too fast down a hill with a curve to navigate at the bottom.  Fortunately, with my cat-like reflexes I was able to recover and avoid any possibility of bloodshed.  It was a fun ride!  Afterward we did a cold plunge in the swimming pool (yikes!) and then hit the hot tub for a while. 

Ride Time: 55:25 
Stopped Time: 2:50 
Distance: 10.12 miles 
Average: 10.96 mph 
Fastest Speed: 18.51 mph 
Ascent: 12 feet 
Descent: 1 feet 
Calories: 483 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment