Friday, September 14, 2012

TGIF!

As many reps as possible in 10 minutes of:

2 Clean and jerks (Men 135 lbs, Women 95 lbs)
2 Chest to bar pull-ups
4 Clean and jerks
4 Chest to bar pull-ups
6 Clean and jerks
6 Chest to bar pull-ups
8 Clean and jerks
8 Chest to bar pull-ups
10 Clean and jerks
10 Chest to bar pull-ups
12 Clean and jerks
12 Chest to bar pull-ups
14 Clean and jerks
14 Chest to bar pull-ups
Add 2 reps and continue as long as possible.

My score:   Finished the round of  8/8 = 40 reps, As Rx

^^See that?  As Rx?  I did chest-to-bar pull-ups in a workout!  The only time I've ever done them has been during The Open, when I had to gut up and do them or be out of the competition.  So, today I decided to push myself and just do them!  And, the 95lb clean & jerks felt *awesome* today!   Now, I'm not saying this Paleo nonsense is working, but something is different.  ;)

After the WOD we had 5 minutes rest and then, WOD #2

With 10 minutes on the clock, row 2000m, and in any remaining time after the row, as many kettlebell swings as possible.   (35 lbs)

The row took me forever.  I really thought I'd have a full minute left to swing the KB, but I had exactly 16 seconds after coming off the rower and squeezed in only 6 swings.

A super fun morning and a great way to kick off Friday!

TGIF!

No comments:

Post a Comment