Thursday, September 27, 2012

No Impact

So, I went home early yesterday and elevated my leg to assist in getting this swelling to go down in my knee.  I woke up this morning with it feeling greatly improved, though I can still feel some swelling in there. I decided that no matter what the workout was, I was going to the gym.  I can modify or scale, whatever, if there are any high-impact elements.  And then I see the WOD with double unders, box jumps and burpees.  Jumping, jumping and jumping.  No problem...I just modified it to suit my needs!


For time:

1000 Meter row
100 Double unders  Sit-ups, unanchored
750 Meter row
75 Walking lunge steps
500 Meter row
50 Box jumps (Men 24” box, Women 20” box) Kettlebell swings, 35#
250 Meter row
25 Burpees  Push ups

My time:  25:34

So, the knee is feeling pretty good after the WOD, with a tiny bit more swelling than when I woke up, but not horrible.  I've wrapped it in a compression wrap today and have it propped up at work, I'll be icing it as well.  Hopefully if I treat it right, I'll be good by next Monday.  I hope!

No comments:

Post a Comment