Monday, September 24, 2012

“The Nurse”

As many rounds as possible in 20 minutes of:

45 Kettlebell swings (Men 55 lbs, Women 35 lbs)
24 Burpee box jumps
9 Handstand push-ups

My score:  2 rds + 10 kbs, mod HSPU

Okay, so this workout just sucked the life out of me.  I managed to do the first 45 kettlebell swings unbroken, and then I felt like a total slug on the burpee box jumps.  Which, by the way, who the hell invented those? Lucifer?  Yeah, that's what I'm thinking.  Holy shit they are awful!  Then, by the time I got to the HSPU, my spot was taken (my spot with two thick, fluffy abmats) so I used B's set-up of 1 abmat and a 10 lb plate.  Just a bit deeper, so no big deal really.  I managed to do the HSPU, but my shoulders were trashed.  The second round I struggled through and did my HSPU on the 2 abmats, and missed the depth on a couple; again, shoulders were trash. After that I was tempted to just stop, but I had 40'ish seconds left so I forced myself to go to kettlebell swings until time was called.

Strength today was 2 back squats - 10 sets, alternating with 30 double unders or a rope climb, 10 sets

My load for back squat:  145 lbs
I alternated with double unders for 5 rounds, then did some badly needed hip/glute stretches the last 5 rounds.


Tough day for a Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment