Thursday, September 13, 2012

Day 10 - Paleo Eating Challenge

Well, here we are 10 days in to this Paleo eating challenge, and despite the scale not fulfilling my hopes and dreams yesterday, I stuck with the plan and continued to eat clean.  Really there's very little temptation at the house, so not much trouble I could get into anyway without some effort on my part.  I'm too lazy to cheat.  ;)  I can do this for 20 more days! 

So this morning I decided that rather than going through this prescribed level of Hell...

3 Rounds for time of:
3 Rope climbs
7 Wall climbs
15 Jumps over a bench


...I would go for a run.  So I headed down to the Aquarium trail and ran a 5k.  It was a great morning for running; just a slight breeze, and somewhere around 68° - perfect!  When my runmeter started calling out splits I was surprised at my pace, so I consciously tried to maintain it.  I ended up with a really decent time of 31:15.  This is just 25 seconds behind my PR for a 5k!  Some day, I hope to get under 30 minutes, but for now I'm celebrating this one!

Run Time: 31:15 
Stopped Time: 0:00 
Distance: 3.12 miles 
Average: 10:01 /mile 
Fastest Pace: 8:36 /mile 
Ascent: 115 feet 
Descent: 100 feet 
Calories: 399 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment