Thursday, August 16, 2012

I have a secret.

Shhh...don't tell anyone, but I actually liked this workout!  I know, right?  I hate wall balls and double unders, but for some reason this challenged me just enough to feel good, and I had some success with my doubles today, so I really liked it!

For time:

20 Double unders
2 Wall ball shots (Men 20 lb ball, Women 14 lb ball)
18 Double unders
4 Wall ball shots
16 Double unders
6 Wall ball shots
14 Double unders
8 Wall ball shots
12 Double unders
10 Wall ball shots
10 Double unders
12 Wall ball shots
8 Double unders
14 Wall ball shots
6 Double unders
16 Wall ball shots
4 Double unders
18 Wall ball shots
2 Double unders
20 Wall ball shots


My time:  16:11, Rx

Now, this is not to say I want to do wall ball or double unders all the time, but I really felt like I pushed myself hard in this workout.  Never mind that I was dead last.  I didn't even care.  My sets of 18, 16 & 14 double unders were unbroken.  Huge for me.  And I pushed myself on the wallball more than I have in the past.  When I would get a number in my head, like I normally do, I would force myself to pass that number.  If I picked it up thinking "I'll do five", I forced myself to do 7. Not rocket science...I should be doing this more often. 

Strength today was a snatch complex:  hang power snatch, to power snatch, to squat snatch.  

My loads:  45-55-65-70-75

Oddly it is usually the power snatch I am better at, but today the squat snatch felt amazingly right. I made sure I was fast under the bar and got deep in the squat.  Now if I could just perfect that with some actual weight on the bar...

No comments:

Post a Comment