Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Hump Day 5K

I had planned a rest day today.  I've not been sleeping well for a while, and thought I could use an extra hour and a half.  I was right - it helped tremendously.  But when the alarm went off, I remembered I had invited my sister to lunch today for her birthday, and she wants Mexican food.  I can't go eat like that without working out!  So, I did what any obsessive compulsive person would do, I decided I'd get my butt up out of bed and go run a 5K. 

The weather was beautiful and perfect for running.  I got on the trail about 20 minutes before official sunrise, and enjoyed the cool temp and lack of wind.  My runmeter kept calling out my splits and my pace and I was amazed at how well I was doing.  Normally I run with the speed and grace of a slug.  It wasn't my fastest 5K ever, but it was one of my best!  What a great morning!  Now I just need to see if I can make a healthy choice at a Mexican restaurant!  *ha*

5K time:  32:30

No comments:

Post a Comment