Thursday, May 31, 2012

PR!

3 Rounds for time of:

500 Meter row or 400 meter run 
15 Kettlebell swings (55 lbs Men, 35 lbs Women)
10 Chin-ups (Hands in supine position; palms facing toward you)

My time:  12:56, Rx (row) - PR!

This is almost a two minute PR from last time we did this one (December 15, 2009).  I love kettlebell swings.  And oddly, since the last KB wod I did used a 55 lb KB, this 35 lbs felt super light!  Feels nice to start the day off with a PR.

Strength today was Dead Lift:

Warm up set:  5 @ 105

work sets: 
3-3-3-3-3 @ 155-175-185-195-215

Still love dead lifts just as much as ever.  The 215 felt heavy.  I haven't maxed out in a long, long time but I'm betting I could still hit 235.  One day I need to try 240 again...maybe get it off the ground. 

Okay...I'm one workout away from my Jamaican vacation and I'm super excited.  I've chosen workouts to do while I'm there, just to try and offset some of the food and drink I know I'll be indulging in.  Plus, I've learned that taking long periods of time off CrossFit is not a good idea.  Like two weeks.  That's not smart.  So I'll use the nice gym facilities they have there.  I know the first resort has bumper plates, because I've lifted there before so that helped in my planning.  The second resort has a nice running trail around a picturesque pond, so I'll likely do most of my running WODs there.  Anyway, I'm excited about the trip, and thanks to CrossFit, I'm always in bikini mode!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment