Friday, May 18, 2012

TGIF!

Our team is off to regionals today.  Best of luck to them - sure hope they make it to the games!! 

Since Breck is on the team, Linda was coaching this morning.  She's always so sweet and cheerful - enjoyed seeing her this morning.  (Thanks Linda for coaching!  You are awesome!)

Strength today was Deadlift - 5 sets of 5 at or about 80-90% of 1RM

My warm up sets:
10 @ 35
10 @ 85
5 @ 195

WOD:

Every minute on the minute for 20 minutes:

5 Dumbbell deadlifts
5 Dumbbell hang power cleans
5 Dumbbell thrusters

The rx’d dumbbell weight is 45% bodyweight for men and 30% bodyweight for women (that is
both dumbbells combined).

Post dumbbell weight used, total minutes completed and total rounds completed thereafter.

My DB weight = 20's
My total minutes completed:  20


This is a killer workout, which I actually happen to like a lot.  Don't ask me to say that in the middle of round 12 or 13...I hate it right about then.  But making it all the way through 20 rounds is a great feeling of accomplishment.  Today on round 18, I got a little taste of what it might be like to actually drop a dumbbell on your foot.  During one of the deadlifts, my aim was off just a tiny bit and I smacked my baby toe with the dumbbell...not the full weight of dropping it, but OUCH! It still stings a bit.  I'm sure I'll have a sore toe for a few days.

Fun Friday! 

No comments:

Post a Comment