Wednesday, May 2, 2012

"Bradley"


So I'm guessing this is someone's birthday workout.   Who actually likes burpees and pull ups? I can't imagine it being either of the Brads I know! 

10 rounds for time of:
Sprint 100 meters
10 Pull-ups
Sprint 100 meters
10 Burpees
Rest 30 seconds

My time:  28:34 - 8 rounds, scaled as follows

Sprint 100m
7 pull-ups
Sprint 100m
7 burpees
rest 30 seconds

I was initially going for 10 rounds but around 20 minutes I figured a 30 min AMRAP would have to do.  It was plenty of workout for me today!  The humidity added a degree of difficulty, making my hands slippery on the pull-up bar.  And as much as I hate to say it, the burpees became almost a welcome relief because I knew I'd get to rest afterward. 

I have kind of missed these longer workouts, honestly!

The strength component today was Squat Clean & Jerk.

Did a few warm up sets at 55 lbs

then 1 each at 65-85-115

I have to say the Squat Clean is probably my favorite thing to do with a barbell.  I just love the feeling of getting under the bar, having it land squarely on my shoulders and bouncing back out of that squat.  Just makes me feel powerful and strong, I guess.  Now if I could get more confident with the jerk...


No comments:

Post a Comment