Monday, May 7, 2012

Over My Head

I can never think of a catchy title for my blog posts, until now.  Ha ha.  Of course, I have no clever blog material to back it up with other than some awesome overhead squats we did today!

Our strength was 5 sets of 5 OHS to warm up and then one set of 15.  Penalty for failing on the 15 was 5 burpees.  

My warm ups were 45-55-65-75 (I think) and my Work Set of 15 was at 80 lbs.  My wrists started killing me about rep 13, but I gutted it out and finished.  I love overhead squats, and I think really my wrists are my only limiting factor on them, unless, of course, I go too heavy.  ;)

Then the WOD:

3 Rounds for reps of:
1 Minute of overhead squats (Men 95 lbs, Women 65 lbs)
1 Minute of wall ball shots (Men 20 lb ball, Women 14 lb ball)

My total:  69, Rx

OHS:  17-11-8
WB: 10-11-12

I could've posted 10 reps on the last round of OHS, but I leaned forward and lost the bar, costing myself at least two reps, because I had ten seconds left.  Couldn't get the bar back up in time.  Oh well...it was a fun, good workout!

Enjoyed lifting with my niece Samantha today.  She's so strong!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment