Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Cruel and Unusual Punishment

When I read the posted WOD this morning I just laughed.  At myself.  See, I knew it would be just 10 minutes of pretty much nothing but box jumps.  And I was right.  Still, a good workout.

Every minute on the minute for 10 minutes:

10 Box jumps (Men 24” box, Women 20” box)
8 Jumping squats
6 Hand released push-ups
4 Chest to bar pull-ups
2 Muscle ups
Max rep double unders
Score is the number of reps completed in the lowest scoring round.

My lowest round:  13

Started out strong in the first round and made it all the way to one chest-to-bar pull up!  The second round...forget it!  I was so winded there was no way.  I hit 3 jumping squats and it was time to start the next round.  I maintained 13 reps per round until the last round and then managed to get 18 reps.

Breck was laughing all morning about this workout.  It really was kinda cruel.  But all in good fun, right?

The Strength today was Bench Press.  I opted out, and ran a mile instead.  It was a great morning for a run!!

No comments:

Post a Comment