Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Super Busy Day

You know I just hate it when I'm so busy working I don't have time to blog.  Ha!  Normally I get this done in the morning but we've been swamped.  It's a good time to be in the oil & gas industry.  You know, price gouging and all...it's hard work. *snicker*  Kidding, of course, but we are drilling some pretty nice wells these days, to supply you boys and girls with some domestic petroleum to power your lives.

Anyway, I did actually work out this morning:

5 Rounds for time of:

400 Meter run
15 Toes to bar
15 Push-ups
15 Box jumps (Men 24” box, Women 20” box)
15 Pull-ups

My time:  31:30 - scaled everything to 10 reps

This was just a good old fashioned CrossFit workout and I loved it.  I wasn't loving it in the middle of round 4 when I wanted to puke...or poop...I couldn't discern the stomach cramps and what they really meant in the midst of my suffering.  Yeah, gross, I know.  But life is gross.  Anyway, I didn't do either one, but I sure felt awful for a while there.  Which just goes to show - we need to do more of these long metcon workouts to keep me in better condition!  Maybe I wouldn't have to scale so much.

Bench Press was our strength component today.  I'm weak on this lift, but at least it didn't hurt my shoulders today.

warm up sets:
5-3-2 @ 55-65-70

work sets:
3 sets of 5 @75

No comments:

Post a Comment