Tuesday, May 15, 2012

“Law Dog”


This was a birthday workout for Phil, who is an attorney, hence the name.  And...apparently he's 49 as well!

7 Rounds for time of:
7 Deadlifts (Men 225 lbs, Women 155 lbs)
7 Lateral barbell burpees

My time:  11:33, Rx

This was a quad killer!! Got through the first two rounds and my quads wanted to just lock up and not play nice!  I pushed through, though not nearly as fast as some of the younger, more fit people, but I got through it faster than I expected.  All my deadlifts were unbroken. I suspect everyone's were, at this light weight.  That was my motivating factor: get through the burpees and the deadlifts are gravy.

Strength today was Hang Power Clean

Set of 10 for warm up:  45 lbs

work sets:  3-3-3-3-3-3-3 at 55-65-70-75-80-90-100

I wanted to go a bit heavier and see if I could even approach the 135 they are doing in the regionals, but just didn't get there.  On the 100 lb set, I had a good laugh at myself.  I was keeping the bar so close to my body, I kept hitting my boobs on the way up.  Yeah, they kinda get in the way sometimes.   ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment