Thursday, May 3, 2012

Love!

For time:

800 Meter run
30 Push press (Men 135 lbs, Women 95 lbs)
400 Meter run
60 Deadlifts (Men 135 lbs, Women 95 lbs)

My time: 14:19, 65# PP, 95# DL

I totally loved this WOD!!  I'm glad I scaled the push press - I would've been there forever trying to do them at 95# and I know my form would've suffered after about 3 reps.  The weather was perfect for running.  Maybe a tiny bit breezy but, still a good day to be out running.  I had hoped to do the deadlifts in two sets, but it was not to be.  I broke them up:  20-15-10-15.  Lighter deadlifts like this are fun, because you can go fairly fast and still have decent form.  There were a lot of fast times this morning in the 5AM class. 

The strength today was front squats.  We were supposed to be somewhere around 80-90% of our 1RM, but B and I kinda went light at 105#.  Seven sets of 2. 

I'm 29 days from my next Jamaican Vacation and I'm ready to go!!!!  Tick tock!!


No comments:

Post a Comment