Monday, May 21, 2012

Happy Monday!

So our CrossFit Jenks team went to North Central Regionals this weekend and pretty much dominated!  That's right - they took first and they are going to THE GAMES!!!!   I'm so proud to even know them.  They are all such incredible athletes.  Can't wait to cheer them on in July!

Denver McPhail, Christina Merlo, Matt Stowers, Breck Berry, Nicole Berry, and Paige Millspaugh













Today's WOD was a killer.  At least for me.  I get so winded on double unders...there was no hope for me after the first round.

As many rounds as possible in 12 minutes of:
10 Dumbbell power cleans (45 lb dumbbells, Women 30 lb dumbbells)
20 Double unders
10 Dumbbell push press
20 Double unders
Post rounds to responses.

My rounds:  2 + 1 push press.

The strength today was 75 overhead squats (95m, 65f) in as few sets as possible.  I made it in 4 sets.

20-20-15-20 

I love overhead squats.  If my wrists could tolerate the weight a bit more, I could probably do closer to sets of 30.  Ah well, still loved it.

I ran a 400 m (slow) to loosen up my quads after this strength workout.

No comments:

Post a Comment